Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sending Joshua Off to Camp

Well tomorrow I am taking Joshua up to Craig Springs for a week of New Covenant camp. This is his 3rd year and he is so excited. It is such a mixed bag of emotions. I'm so happy because he is falling in love with one of the most beautiful places in the world, I'm proud because he is fine to go by himself, he misses us a little but doesn't let it get to him. I'm sad because he will be gone for a week and I will miss him a whole bunch. One thing I love about getting him ready this year is that he has grown up a lot since last year. Last year he didn't mind taking his spider man sheets and hot wheels tooth brush. This year he said "No, mom. I'm too old for that." So we went out and bought a bottle of Gillette body wash, a grown up tooth brush and are packing blue sheets and a baseball team's beach towel. I guess it's time for him to pass some of those childish thing on to his baby bother, some I will save to always remember his childhood. I am reminded of the children's book by Karen Kingsbury http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQeDfcvTRnA Where she talks about all the lasts that your children. We always remember the firsts but do we remember the lasts. So tomorrow when I leave Craig Springs, I will leave with a tear in my eye, not only because I'm leaving my son for a week but also because I know he is growing up.

1 comment:

  1. that book makes me weep every time I hear it.

    it's amazing how fast times passes....

    ReplyDelete