Sunday, August 23, 2009

Twas the Night Before Kindergarten

Well, tomorrow my little girl heads off to her first full day of kindergarten. She is so excited and I am as well. It seems like she is still too young to go to school, like just yesterday I was holding her in my arms and watching her sleep (which I still do with all of my kids). I just finished reading her a couple of stories "The Night Before Kindergarten" and "The Kissing Hand" and I'm not ashamed to say that I got teared up while reading them and Sarah actually asked me if I was OK. I should be an old pro at this, I put Joshua on the bus for the first time 4 years ago and I cried like a baby then too, so I'm ready for the water works tomorrow. Everything should run smoothly tomorrow morning, we have our book bags by the door which are over flowing with school supplies, the clothes are laid out, alarms set. I don't know what else we could have done. I even started getting the kids up early last week so it wouldn't be a shock come Monday morning. We should be ready. But tomorrow is another day and I may be prepared physically but I know I'm not prepared emotionally. I have a feeling that Chad may get a little teary eyed as well, we will see. Well i better get to bed the kids want a big breakfast tomorrow morning and I guess I will try my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment