Thursday, October 7, 2010

Parent/Teacher Conferences

Last night I met with Sarah and Joshua's teachers for the annual fall conferences. I'll be honest, I was worried about them. Joshua and Sarah both haven't had the best 6 weeks, well at least I thought that.
I worry about Sarah the most, she is like a volcano waiting to explode some days and I don't want that to happen at school. Sarah's teacher told me, she is a little above average for her age, and is right where she should be (I was a little worried) and that she sometimes has her days. My response to that was "Sometimes?" (not always) Her teacher told me to continue to read to her and have her read to me and work on her math skills.
Joshua is such a different child. His teachers told me he was a fantastic student and  gave me his report card and he had honor roll! 3 A's and 3 B's. He was most excited about the A in Math (he is in 5th grade math and it's hard). He had a rough day, you can read about that in an earlier post, a few weeks ago and his teachers were hoping it was something that would pass. One of the teachers also said that he didn't have a lot in common with the other 4th grade boys, which was a good thing, he is much more mature. Well that's good and bad. It's great that he is such a good kid, but because if his maturity level he might not have that many friends. I guess I got great reports from his teachers and I should be happy, but I can't help feeling a little sad for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment